Finishing of aviation meteorological information to users
Crews, services, airports and air traffic services authorities are constantly receiving the necessary meteorological information at all stages of the preparation and execution of operations.
For this purpose, the Ukrainian Hydrometeorological Center has been collecting, processing, mapping and finishing meteorological information to users:
- from weather stations network of Ukraine - data of regular meteorological observations every 3 hours and alerts about natural disasters and hazardous meteorological phenomena;
- from atmosphere radio sounding points in Ukraine - data on the distribution of meteorological parameters to the altitude of 30 km;
- from AMSC / AMC network – data of regular aviation meteorological in METAR code, special meteorological reports on the deterioration or improvement of weather conditions at airport in SPECI code, aviation aerodrome forecasts for 9 or 24 hours in TAF code, weather radar data;
- from meteorological tracking agencies of UkSATSE - zonal forecasts for flights at low levels (from the surface to altitude of 3050 m) GAMET, SIGMET, AIRMET, AIREP SPECIAL information for Ukraine;
- from WMO global telecommunication system - actual and forecasting data for construct synoptic and aviation weather maps, METAR reports, SPECI and TAF forecasts of international airports in the world, SIGMET information (on special weather phenomenon, tropical cyclone and volcanic ash), AIRMET, AIREP SPECIAL worldwide, advisory message for volcanic ash and tropical cyclones;
- from satellite EUMETSAST system - satellite shots of Europe every 15 minutes.
METAR reports and TAF forecasts of 19 international airports in Ukraine and telegrams about natural disasters and hazardous meteorological phenomena and weather radar data of Ukraine are sent to the meteorological tracking agencies of UkSATSE.
Before departure users at airfields can get aviation meteorological information at AMSC or international BAMD and using systems such as self-training briefing.
In-flight crews of aircraft receive meteorological information from ATC controllers and from regular radio broadcasts VOLMET. There are 4 points of broadcasting VOLMET in Ukraine, each of which continuously broadcasts hourly METAR reports of selected airports.
When landing crews receive meteorological information (last MET REPORT or SPECIAL) by listening to VHF-FM broadcasts, or any additional information directly from the dispatcher.
Scheme of proof of aviation meteorological information users see.
SADIS - international satellite system dissemination for aviation purposes;
WMO - World Meteorological Organization;
UkrHMC - Ukrainian Hydrometeorological Center;
RETIM - satellite weather information dissemination system, component WMO GTS;
AFTN - Aeronautical Fixed Telecommunication Network (from the English: Aeronautical Fixed Telecommunication Network);
SE UAMC - State Enterprise "Ukrainian Aviation Meteorological Center";
AMSC - aviation meteorological station (civil);
WR - weather radar;
ACC - area control center (ACC) - a body designed to provide dispatch services controlled flight dispatcher in the areas under its control;
Runway - defined rectangular area of aerodrome prepared for the landing and takeoff of aircraft;
METAR - aviation routine weather report about weather at the airport in the WMO code;
SPESI - special aviation weather report about weather at the airport in the WMO code;
TAF - weather forecast for aerodrome in the WMO code;
SIGMET - information about the actual or expected occurrence of certain weather phenomena on the route of flight, which can influence the flight safety of aircraft;
GAMET - zonal forecast that is as clear text to fly at low levels for the flight information region;
AIRMET - information about the actual or expected occurrence of certain weather phenomena on the route of flight, which may affect the safety of aircraft operations at low levels;
AIREP SPECIAL - special message from aboard the aircraft on certain meteorological conditions observed in flight (provided in the form specified by ICAO);
WCZF Maps - maps provided by the World Centre Zonal Forecasts;
VOLMET - regular broadcasting transmission of meteorological information for aircraft that are in flight;
MET REPORT - local regular reports on the results of observations;
SPECIAL - local reports of the special observations results.